Sunday, March 31, 2013

What the Atonement Means To Me

The Atonement means that even when I feel like giving up on myself, Christ doesn't give up on me.  He sees me as my most perfect self.

The Atonement means that when I go through dark or difficult times, I am not going through them alone.  Looking back, I can see that Christ has always been right next to me.  If I had spiritual eyes rather than my limited mortal eyes I would see Him constantly there.  Even at times when I didn't think that I wanted or needed Him.  Especially then.

The Atonement means that I will once again see those that I love who have left this life early.  I know it!

The Atonement means that those I love who struggle with mental or physical disabilities or imperfections will one day be made whole.  At this point in my life, this means more than anything to me.  My son will one day no longer struggle;  my Dad will be restored to his former self. There are not words to describe how glorious this is!

The Atonement means that no matter how often I am not patient enough, or kind enough, or selfless enough, or loving enough, or obedient enough, Christ's arms are continuously open to me, inviting me to try again.  Continuously.

The Atonement means that I am always loved, even at my most unlovable.  Yet, the Atonement makes me want to make myself more worthy of love.

The Atonement means that there is  always hope.

1 comment:

  1. Mary, I keep forgetting to tell you how touched I am by your sweet feelings on the Atonement. Thanks for sharing. Mom

    ReplyDelete